Hey lovely womaniyas, we know if you have clicked this article and reached here, you or any loved ones of yours must be a PCOS fighter and must be juggling with her periods. We appreciate your curiosity. When it comes to conquer PCOS naturally, there have been many ways that have been proved to enhance the process of bringing this disorder back to its normal order. Almost all types of natural food and healthy lifestyle habits contribute a lot when adopted with consistency and through the right ways. Among all these natural remedies, Seed Cycling has been emerged as one of the most beneficial & easiest methods to support healthy periods, improving your fertility, regularising your cycle and hence, eliminating PCOS from its roots over the time in gentle, yet effective ways . Before rushing forward to any operational processes, let us know about these seeds and how they are beneficial to your reproductive and associated endocrine system.
FLAX SEEDS (ALSI KE DAANE)
- Flax seeds are the rich source of Omega 3 fatty Acids.
- They regulate hormonal imbalance.
- They are very helpful in controlling the side effects associated with PCOS.
- They are rich in antioxidants which boosts your metabolism.
Pumpkin Seeds (Kaddu ke Beej)
- Pumpkin seeds contain the enzyme which helps in controlling hair loss in PCOS .
Sunflower Seeds (Surajmukhi ke Beej)
- Sunflower seeds help in balancing estrogen & Progesterone which are the female sex hormones and are mainly responsible for initiating & facilitating the ovulation.
- They help in managing premenstrual symptoms
Sesame Seeds (Til ke Daane)
- The sesame seeds are rich in micronutrients like Calcium, Magnesium, Zinc , etc.
- They are claimed to be highly beneficial in reducing the testosterone levels in females
Chia Seeds (sabja) :
- Chia seeds help in restoring your hormonal balance to its normal and right level.
- Chia seeds are also rich source of Omega 3 acids
- They also help in promoting weight loss.
Fenugreek Seeds (Methi Daana):
- Fenugreek seeds maintain glucose intolerance in the body which further helps in weight loss.
(Soak methi seeds overnight and have them thrice a day: in the morning, empty stomach and before lunch and dinner)
How to intake seeds:
You can roast, grind and then have one spoon of them with warm water. Grinding seeds helps in the easy absorption of nutrients and take the most benefits out of them when they enter the body. You can also add the roasted seeds in your porridge, salads , smoothies, juices , curd , buttermilk , etc.
How to Decide – Right seeds on right days.
To better understand the concept of seed cycling and its right method of intake , you need to analyse the two main phases of your menstrual cycle.
First phase of your cycle ( day 1-14 ) : follicular phase
The first 14 days of your periods cycle makes the follicular phase . This is also called mensuration to ovulation. During the first phase of your menstrual cycle-
You can Take:
- 1-2 tablespoon of ground pumpkin seeds daily.
- 1-2 tablespoon of ground Flax Seeds daily.
Pumpkin & flax seeds will help your body to improve estrogen levels while preventing excess estrogen.
Second phase of your cycle (day 15-28): luteal phase
The 15-28 days of your cycle make up the luteal phase . This phase is also known as OVULATION TO MENSURATION.
During the 15-28 days of your cycle, YOU CAN TAKE :
- 1-2 tablespoon of ground sunflower seeds daily.
- 1-2 tablespoon of ground sesame seeds daily.
Both these seeds help boost progesterone production in the female body.
Seed cycling takes approximately 3 months to start to work. However, its benefits can be noticed gradually through the improvement in your reproductive cycle from the second month .
Seed cycling for fertility:
Seed cycling ensures the normal level of estrogen and progesterone level of the body during the luteal phase ( day 15-28) . It is the most fertile phase of the reproductive cycle.Therefore, in a way, yes the seed cycling method is great for conceiving.
Please do share in the comments how you consume seeds or any special recipes if you have.